Wednesday, August 11, 2010

9 Months!!

Today is my little (big) man's 9 month birthday! I'm getting more sad with each passing month. I don't want my baby to grow up! I will say he is so fun right now though! He's very wiggly and is wanting to move but has yet to crawl. He'll be sitting up and try to grab for a toy and will flip his body onto his stomach. He does this all.day.long. And yet, he still hasn't mastered crawling! When he is on his stomach he'll kick enough and start scooting backwards. He may just skip the crawling stage. Lily didn't crawl until she was a year old!! And she didn't walk until she was 15 months!! So, I'm thinking we just have some lazy kids around here! :)
*He weighs 22.8 lbs (only the 60%!!) and is 30.5 inches long (85%). He's huge to me, so I'm not sure how his weight and height aren't off the charts! Oh well!
*Still wearing 12-18 month clothes, but it's starting to get small!
*Sleeping through the night! Hooray! Well, as of 2 nights he's been doing this! I've been giving him a snack (rice crackers) before the last feeding of the day in hopes it would fill him up and make him sleep. But he would still wake up between 4:30 and 5:30 am! Ouch. My super smart husband said "why don't we just feed him some oatmeal baby cereal before that last feeding?" Sure. Let's try that. We've done that for the last 2 nights and the first night he slept until 7 am and this morning he slept until 8 am!! Praise the Lord! I was really hurting for sleep, but if he goes until at least 7 I feel like a new woman! Hoping these sleep habits stay this way!
*He really is the best, easy-going baby!

This boy LOVES to eat!

Chewing on his sister's toy! I promise we didn't give it to him! :)

He loves to stand against furniture-we are the ones who have to put him there though. He'll eventually pull himself up I'm just sure of it!

Such a big boy!!

2 comments:

paulashley said...

What a cutie :) Love that smile

Family of 5 said...

I love love love the first picture of him! He's so sweet!