Saturday, October 11, 2008

Thief in the Night

I know I've talked about this before, but Lily is obsessed with her little blankie and baby doll. So much so that it goes EVERYWHERE with us. She's pretty good about leaving it in the car when we go to the store or to church-mainly because I don't want her to take it in the nursery with all those germs (I'm a freak, I know!) Anyway, I literally have to wait until she's asleep at night to take these precious gems of hers and wash them! So, a couple nights ago I decided I needed to wash them. I waited for about 30 minutes after she was asleep and I tiptoed in her room like I was a thief! I took a survey of where these items were and found the baby easily. The blankie, on the other hand, was tucked underneath her! I was a little worried of waking her but I needed to do this. I just grabbed it slowly and pulled as gently as I could until it became free! And voila'! I got both of the items! Here is a picture BEFORE they were washed: I know you can't really see how dirty it is in this photo, but trust me, it was bad!

And here is the AFTER picture:

Again, probably looks the same as the before photo, but it's not, I promise! The blankie is a little bit fluffier and the baby looks more happy now that she's cleaned! It's pretty ridiculous that I literally have to steal these things just to wash them! Oh well right? One day I'll look back at this moment in our lives and tell Lily all about the times I had to take her baby and blankie in the night just so I could wash them!

(Taken a while ago)

And here is the cute girl holding her precious items-and while eating!

4 comments:

Family of 5 said...

I can't believe you steal your daughter's blankie and doll! :) J/k! I have to sneak the boys' blankets too when they aren't watching during the day...Micah usually catches me...but I tell him too bad! :) FUnny how we have to do those kinds of things just to wash them! ;) Your still a great mommy! :)

Jenn said...

Hahaha, that's hilarious! My boys obsession is just those cloth burp rags so I have like 30 of them so I don't have to worry about stealing them in the night! She is SO cute Amanda!

Amber said...

You should get a second one as a back up!! I have that with one of Jack's blankets that he loves...I have 2 that are the same and he never knows! haha! Us moms have to be creative right! :-)

pfnisterfam said...

You gotta do what you gotta do...At least you can get it out of her hands! I've tried before in Hannah's sleep and she feels me trying to take it and gets upset! Maybe Hannah's just a light sleeper... :)