Wednesday, September 19, 2012

New Baby!!

It's been officially 1 week and 1 day since we have had our sweet baby!!!
 We're both a little sleepy here! We had to be at the hospital last Monday at 5:30 am! Ouch! But, I couldn't sleep anyway so I was fine with it!
 My beautiful head piece!
 Colby Jacob Acker!!!!! With dark hair too! How fun would it be if it stayed that color then all of our kids would have different colored hair! But, I think it'll turn blonde. Lily was born with dark hair like Colby's and once it fell out it came back in blonde. We'll see!

 Seeing my boy for the first time. Instantly in love!

 7 lb. 9 oz. and 22 in. long-the same length Jameson was when he was born, but a whopping 2 lbs lighter!! We honestly thought Colby would be an 8 or 9 lb baby. I was shocked when he came out! Even the surgeon assisting my Dr. during my c-section said, "There's no way there is a 9 lb baby in your stomach." And this was just by looking at the size of my stomach before they did the surgery! Crazy!

 
Our family!!! 
 
Nana and Grandma with Colby
Big sister Lily loving her new brother!
Proud parents! And yes, that's a barf bag by my feet! The aftermath of it all, or maybe it was just from my spinal, but whatever "it" was made me super nauseous! No fun. I would feel fine one minute and then have the urge to puke the next minute. Thankfully, I never did. Once I got to my room I truly felt sick again. Andrea was with me, AJ was napping, and I was nursing Colby and dry heaving into that blue thing! Kinda ouchy when I just had surgery on my stomach and had to use my stomach muscles! The nurse gave me some meds and I felt much better. But after that episode, I never felt sick again!
Auntie Andrea
Auntie Leandra
 Colby's first bath
 Sisters together with our boys!
 Daddy loving on Colby
 AJ and his kids!!
 Papa holding Colby
 My sweet boy!






 Going home!!!
All set in his new car seat!
We are doing really well at home. Thankfully, AJ has been working part-time this week to help me out with the kids. 3 kids is definitely a challenge! The baby is the easy part, it's Lily and Jameson who are hard! They have been in this nagging/fighting stage lately and it's driving me bonkers. I'm trying to decide if it's because we just got home with a new baby or if it's their age or both! We're dealing with it one day at a time. Colby is a great eater and sleeper! He lost a bit of weight when we left the hospital, but this last Monday he had a weight check at the Dr. and he is back up to his birth weight! We have had quite a few successful nights of him sleeping too! If I can get him to bed by 10:30 or 11 pm he is only waking up once in the night to eat. I can handle that! I'm healing pretty good from the c-section, but still dependent on my meds. I only have a few pills left so hopefully when that's gone I'll be feeling great. I definitely just need to not do a whole lot, otherwise I start feeling icky. Anyway, that's all for now! I've taken LOTS more pictures and will post more when I have more time. Right now Colby needs to eat! Thank you for the prayers and encouragement over our sweet addition to our family. We are praising God for Colby's safe delivery and that he is healthy!!

2 comments:

Daisha said...

oh my, so sweet! I will call next week . . . would love to bring you dinner and see that cute baby!

123 said...


shoes red bottom Many celebtraties from the Queen of Jordan to the Hollywood stars, The women acid the red basal shoes red top heels, can attraction all attention. if you chafe louboutin shoes, it highlights your advertisement and accumulated you do will be complete and attractive. a brace of the Brigette 140 python shoe boots , christian louboutin shoes is the a lot of acclaimed and accustomed shoes.red bottom shoes