Tuesday, February 12, 2013

5 Months (and a few days!)

Once again, I am late on writing about Colby turning 5 months. Just too busy lately!

*He is SUPER long! No idea how much he weighs or how tall he is. We’ll find out next month!

*Wearing 6-9 month clothes. His feet are long and skinny and I’m having a hard time finding socks that will stay on him!

*Happy, happy baby! Great napper and will nap in car seat, swing, or crib. I love it!

*He is hit or miss with sleeping through the night. Last night he woke at 4 am, so it wasn’t horrible. But the two nights before that he woke up at 5:30. Not sure what his deal is, but I’m not quite willing to let him cry it out. I can function on little sleep! :)

*He has been having troubles with going #2, so his doctor suggested giving him prune juice. I really didn’t want to do this as Colby has only had breast milk, but I knew we needed to do it. I only gave him 2 oz. of juice (equal parts juice and water) and he guzzled it down! He did make a funny face when he first tasted it! Anyway, I’m happy to say, without going into too many details, that it worked! Think I’ll do juice every other day and see if that helps this problem. Never thought I’d be blogging about my child’s poo, but I’m a mom so there ya go!

*He adores his big brother and sister and they are always trying new tricks to make Colby smile. Works every time!

*He still hates tummy time, but tolerates it for a bit. He has yet to roll over, but I don’t mind. He will when he’s ready! The only issue is the right backside of his head is super flat! He definitely favors that side because that’s what he sleeps on. Hoping when he does roll over that his head will get normal looking :)

*Even though he doesn’t roll over, he has really good head control and support. He always lunges himself forward if he’s sitting in our lap or on the couch-like he’s trying to sit up more. He’s got a strong neck!

P1050369 He is seriously the happiest baby!!!! I love this stage because he will pretty much smile at anyone very easily-as long as he’s been fed and changed!

P1050371 He gets excited and flails his arms and legs!

P1050373

P1050375 Colby also LOVES bath time. I stopped using the baby bathtub mainly because he is so stinking tall and he looked uncomfortable in it! So, now I just put a teeny bit of water in the tub and lay him on a towel in it. He’s much happier and loves kicking his legs and arms all over.

P1050376  Such a happy boy. Man, he sure is pale looking! His hair is turning lighter, thinking he may look more like Lily as he gets older!

P1050378

P1050368 I didn’t use my Moby wrap much with Jameson because he was so big and I was just unsure of it holding him! But, after watching some “how to” videos online, I figured it out with Colby! This has come in handy many nights when Colby just wants to be held, which of course is always when I need to make dinner! He loves it though. He’s totally content to hang with me and watch what I’m doing.

P1050350 The boys and their matching shirts on Super bowl Sunday! I was taking a picture with my ipad and Lily took this picture. Not bad!

P1050344 He looked so old to me in his 2 piece jammies! Check out his awesome hair too. Kinda reminds me of Kramer from Seinfeld :)

We love our growing boy! Hate that he’s almost a half of a year old-only because it’s going so fast!! I love this stage though. He’s so fun!

0 comments: