Sunday, November 29, 2009

Baby Love

Oh how I love babies-especially OUR baby! Just some fun pictures of little (BIG!) Jameson:
Snuggling with his "monkeys"-we have since taken them off his car seat because when he would cry he'd reach for those monkeys and try to eat them thinking they were, well, me! It just irritated him!

Hanging out-and looking a bit Chinese-ish. :)

Trying to take a picture of just Jameson, but big sister needed to get in there and show him love!

So sweet!

I love rocking with him! He is a snuggler!

Things are finally settling in now as a family of 4. Lily is still smitten by her brother, although she did inflict pain on him for the first time on Thanksgiving morning-what a way to start the day! She wasn't even acting out...I had turned away from her to get our coats, Jameson was in his car seat and Lily just goes right up to him and digs her nails (it had been a while since I had cut them!) into the bridge of his nose right by his eyes leaving 2 scratches. Awesome. Poor Jameson screamed loudly...I felt so bad for him! Needless to say Lily got in trouble and actually started crying so hard because I think her feelings were hurt. I think she understood the seriousness of what she did, and I'm hoping it will be a while before it happens again! I know there will be more episodes of her doing stuff to him, but let's hope it will happen when he can actually defend himself! Jameson is eating and growing like crazy! After we left the hospital he had almost lost an entire pound. Then we had a 1 week check at the doctor and he weighed 9 lbs. 4 oz. Well, we went in just this last week for his 2 week check (and for him to get circumcised-ouch!!) and he weighed in at 10 lbs. 5 oz!!! He gained over a pound in a week and he also grew 1 inch! Unbelievable. You'd think because he's such a big baby that he'd sleep through the night, but he doesn't. He wakes up every 3 hours (which isn't terrible.) But I can't wait for the day when we can go in 4 or 5 hour stretches! I try to nap every day when they do, but sometimes the times don't coincide with each other-like, Lily will be sleeping but he'll be wide awake. Luckily I function really well off no sleep-at least that's what AJ tells me! We had a great Thanksgiving with AJ's family this year and it was so fun having both kids together! We are so grateful for our little miracle babies and all that God has provided and continues to provide for our family! We are even more thankful for our salvation and the fact we get to spend eternity in Heaven!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so glad you're doing so well. Jameson is SO CUTE! I'm so proud of you!! Call me anytime you need a hand or just need to talk! :)

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

It looks like you are adjusting well to life with 2 kids! Your pictures are adoreable. He is already growing up fast!

Family of 5 said...

adorable...enough said! :)

Cathy said...

SO cute!!!

I wanna snuggle with him!!!