Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas cookies!

This Christmas season I wanted to do something special with Lily that we can make into a tradition and do every year. I decided to make sugar cookies with her! I remember doing this as a kid and it was so much fun to cut out the cookies and frost them however we liked! Plus, they were fun to eat too! Lily and I had a great time making cookies and she wanted to do everything by herself! I will admit, I didn't even make the cookie dough from scratch nor did I make the frosting from scratch! It just sounded like too much for me to do-especially with a newborn! Maybe next year I can do it all :) Rolling out the doughCutting out the cookiesLater that night...frosting the cookies! Honestly, I just had to let go of her and my house being clean. I mean, it's no fun to frost cookies when you have to follow rules! She did a great job though!

A close up of one of Lily's cookies! She would just put a little frosting on one and want another one to decorate! She'd also take a bite out of a cookie and want another one to frost, take a bite out of that one, and so forth!

I'm pretty sure this is the worst picture of us, but I had to document this new tradition! And we were home all day in our pj's....so there you go :)

The finished product! If you look closely, I'm sure you'll be able to tell which ones Lily decorated!

Here's a close up on a few of them...I especially love the reindeer with the green blob of frosting on him!
What a fun new tradition we started! I can't wait to do it next year-and even Jameson can get in on the action (well, if his sister lets him!)

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Fun!! I should do that with my kids. Picture your mess x 3....:)

Regarding your header picture...

AJ!!!!!! AAAHHHHHH!! MY EYES! SOOOO inappropriate. :)

J/K (about the inappropriate part, not about my eyes)
It brought out my ugly laugh. (aka snort laugh)

Family of 5 said...

How fun! Those look like some yummy cookies! I am kinda fighting getting into the cookie making...sigh!
And that is an awesome picture on your header! LOL!

Erin said...

way to go, girl! And who cares if you didn't make the dough! I'm pretty sure you went to way more effort than I ever did in that stage! Those memories are so awesome for both the kids and us as parents. Well worth the effort in the long run! The holiday season is good for that sort of thing! Way to be a super-great mom!