Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lily and Jameson's NEW room!

It's been a few months since the kids have moved in the same room together, but thought I'd post pictures of their new room! Since our house is a 3 bedroom house, we thought it'd be best for Lily and Jameson to share so the baby can have his own room. Then when the baby is old enough, we'll put the 2 boys together and Lily can have her own room again. Lots of rearranging going on! Anyway, we (with help from my amazing sister-in-law!!!!) painted Lily's very girlish, pink room to a nice, soft yellow. It was hard finding bedding and paint that would accommodate a girl AND boy. Plus, I didn't want to spend a lot knowing this would be a temporary room for them.
 In case you forgot, this was Lily's room before it was made over.
 And here's the new room complete with bunk beds! Thankfully, I found some decently priced bedding at Ikea that had a matching boy and girl comforter! And that's what I based the colors of the room off of. I didn't want it to be too girly or boyish.
 This is the view as you walk into the room.
 This is the opposite wall at the end of the bunk beds.
 Love this wall! The giant letters are from Joann's. They were a basic cardboard color and all I did was mod podge tissue paper on them. Easy peasy! And my sis-in-law made that imagination sign! Isn't it awesome?! Lily colors like crazy these days, so that's a perfect place for her to put her pictures on-mainly because my fridge is full of them already and running out of room!
 And their new to them bunk beds and bedding.
They love their new room! The first night of Jameson being in a big boy bed was quite hilarious to watch on the video monitor. He just wasn't used to that freedom of getting out of bed whenever he wanted! He got out, turned their light on and off, climbed up the ladder, etc. After some disciplining and being talked to he finally fell asleep. And it's been smooth sailing ever since!! I'm SO thankful! I do think he sometimes wakes Lily up in the mornings before she's ready to get out of bed, but for the most part it's been great. She's a hard sleeper and does really well even if he's noisy. These past few weeks have been a bit of a challenge with both of them taking forever to fall asleep. Not sure if it's because it's too light outside or what. I did shorten Jameson's nap a bit and that's helped a little. Hopefully once school starts for Lily we'll be on a good enough schedule for both of them. And then at that point I'll have a newborn and be up all night! :) Oh well!

Here's me and my giant belly at 32 1/2 weeks! Had my OB appt yesterday and surprise surprise I'm measuring a week and half ahead. Can you say big baby?! In another 3 weeks I'll have my last ultrasound and then it's smooth sailing from there! This boy is still a mover!!! I will say this pregnancy is more difficult with aches and pains-especially in my hips when I'm sleeping. Ouch! But, it's soo worth it! Counting down the weeks until we meet him!! God is GOOD!



1 comments:

Jenn said...

Super cute bedding! You did great on the room! :)