Thursday, January 31, 2008

The FLU?!!!

Well, Lily got her first flu today...not the best thing in the world! I was just waiting for when it would happen. Apparently something was going around in the nursery at church and it was a matter of time before it hit Lily. Surprisingly, she did quite well with the whole 'vomit' thing. I won't go into details, but she didn't cry or anything. And as soon as it was 'out' she would be fine and keep playing with her toys. It happened all this morning for a 90 minute period. After that, 4 changes of clothes before I gave up and put her into her PJ's, vomit on me, lots of sleeping and not much eating, I just put her to bed and she's doing well. Praise God! And thanks to all who knew about this and were praying hard. But the even better part to this story is AJ got it! My word, that boy always gets the flu! Every stinkin' year! He's basically dying right now on the couch with all the lights off, 2 sweatshirts, 3 blankets, and a heating pad. He just can't seem to shake it. And the 'vomit' is still coming. I pray it'll end before he goes to sleep because that's no fun to deal with. So it's supermom to the rescue! I sure hope I don't get it! Seems babies can get over this sickness thing faster than adults! So...please pray for AJ, that it'd be gone before he leads worship on Sunday, and protection for me...cause I gotta be healthy to take care of my family!

Other than that, life is good. Lily got to 'play' in the snow this week as Salem finally got more than a trace! AJ had found this sled from Junk-Away and it's basically like a big box-with sides all around it-so it fit Lily perfectly. She had so much fun being pulled on what little snow was left on our front lawn. We got some great pictures. I'll post them as soon as I can.

I've got a baby shower tomorrow, one on Sat. morning, small group, etc. this weekend, so I'm hoping we all feel better! Thanks for reading!

Acker Fam

0 comments: