Saturday, February 2, 2008

Praise the Lord-we're done puking! :)

So since my last post, I apparently spoke too soon. Because that nasty flu bug bit me! I went to bed feeling fine (sleeping on the couch I might add) and woke up at 2:30am running for the bathroom. Sad to say, I got the flu too! Luckily Lily was all done with it and doing great. AJ was feeling pretty terrible. So yesterday morning I was done doing the bathroom thing at 7am and Lily was just waking up. I was so tired from not sleeping well and still feeling nauteous, I thought "how in the world am I supposed to take care of my baby feeling like this?!" So, I called my mom :) And she gladly took Lily ALL day! It was so wonderful to be able to sleep all day-seriously, that's what we did. AJ on one couch, me on the other. We both had 7-up and saltines. And Lily didn't come back to us until 8pm-after she had some more fun with Grandma Barb! I was ready to see her by the time she came home, but was glad I didn't have to take care of her. Today we are all doing GREAT! No one has needed the bathroom! We're still a bit tired, mostly AJ though. Seems he got it much worse than I did. And so, that is my life. I'm so blessed to have 2 sets of parents who are willing to help out so much! I can't imagine what yesterday would've been like without 'em! So thanks to you moms! (and dads!)

And now my day consists of doing loads of laundry, sanitizing everything in sight, and trying to get things back to normal. Gotta love that! And AJ should be good for leading worship tomorrow. I just know he'll be exhausted afterwards-but what are Sunday afternoon naps for anyway?!

That's all here....hope you all have a great weekend and that you don't get sick! :)

Love
Acker Fam

0 comments: