Thursday, February 28, 2008

New things I'm learning about Lily

It never ceases to amaze me all of the new things I learn about Lily, and there's usually one new thing a day! And I know I have MANY more years (Lord willing) that I'll keep on learning about her! But honestly, I wouldn't give it up for anything! So, I thought I'd share with you some things about Lily-which you may not care to read, but too bad :)
1. She could seriously eat an entire can of green beans if I let her (but I won't, don't worry!)
2. I'm amazed at how smelly her poo can be for such a small girl!
3. Why does she have to stuff as much food in her mouth at one time that it gets so full she starts to gag? It's like she's worried I will take the food away? I don't get it!
4. When she's bored of her food (or doesn't like it) she'll pick it up and throw it, creating a beautiful food masterpiece on my floor!

5. Every time she takes a long drink of her milk, she'll always be breathing so hard like she just ran a marathon and smiles so big like she just WON the marathon! Seriously, every time..it's funny.
6. You ask her to say 'mama' or 'dada' or 'ball' and the only word she says is 'baby'. Will she ever learn new words?!
7. At bath time, I'll fill the tub up enough for her to be able to lay down and not drown! But then she'll flap her arms and legs over and over and over again! And she gets mad when I try to sit her up to lather her body! She could easily do that the whole bath time! At least she likes her bath right?
8. She hums while eating her food. Every meal, anything in her mouth, it's always humming.
9. She loves playing with empty water bottles (like a Gatorade bottle) and suck on it and palm it...that girl could be a basketball player with the way she palms (spelling?) things!
10. When I pick her up from the church nursery, I'll spy on her first to see what she's doing, and almost always she's happily playing. And then as soon as she sees me she usually starts crying! Like she's saying "How could you leave me?! I thought you'd never be back!" It's pretty cute, and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!
But I love her and all the things I'm learning! So to sign off on this entry, here are her adorable pictures from her 1 year photography session! Enjoy!






2 comments:

Daisha said...

her pictures turned out so so CUTE!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh I was laughing so hard reading about things she does...Jack does the same thing with stuffing his face with food and gagging...he does it with his hands too...sticking them in his mouth and then gags! He does the milk thing to...gasping for air...it always makes me laugh! She is so adorable...I love the pics! :)