Wednesday, June 17, 2009

San Diego Part 1

We are back from our amazing get-away and I have lots of pictures to share! Instead of overwhelming you all with tons of pictures, I'm going to break it up into chunks!
First of all, thank you to both sets of grandparents that took Lily for us! I know she had such a fun time being spoiled and played with 24/7! Just beware, since she did so well staying over we might take you up on that again! :)
So, we left first thing Thursday morning and flew into San Diego. I was already sad to be leaving Lily and it was really hard being away from her! Except for the times when I did see kids her age who were crying or throwing a tantrum, it made me happy Lily wasn't there! But, it really was hard being away-but so needed at the same time! We rented a car (thanks to my dad!) and AJ was in on this little surprise:
A mustang convertible! This thing was so fast and so fun to drive in! It made our experience a lot more fun that's for sure! And I also got a funky tan line on my forehead from the sun coming down on top of me! But it was super fun! And AJ is normally a SLOW driver, but apparently to get him to drive fast, all you need to do is get him a mustang!

And our hotel room (thanks again dad-he travels a lot and earns "points", which is why he was able to get us the car and room!)

View from our hotel window-so fun to lay in bed and see the water! After getting settled in we decided to drive around the town a bit and find a beach to go hang out at for a little while.

We stopped at Mission Beach for an hour or so. It was nice and warm for us-although the locals kept calling it the "June Gloom." I'm sure they're used to warmer weather, but for us Oregonians it was perfect! We were never too hot or too cold (except for the evenings) and with me being pregnant I didn't want to be sweating everyday anyway! It was great weather for us!

The boardwalk

Cooling my feet off in the water

As we were walking along the boardwalk, we saw this crazy place-I think it was called Wave Rider. Anyway, people pay to catch a wave on this thing! It was fun to watch for a bit. After walking around for a while we were hungry! We decided to head on over to Seaport Village and eat at one of the restaurants that face the bay.

The view from our table-it was so nice! Anyway, that's all for now-more to come later :)

7 comments:

Amber said...

So awesome...looks like you guys really had a ton of fun!! So nice to be able to get away for a few days and know Lily is in good hands!!! :)

Cathy said...

Yay! All those places we love!! Glad you had such a good time and what fun to have a mustang covertible! GO AJ!

Family of 5 said...

AW...so fun! And relaxing! And LOVE the Mustang! Looks like it was greaT! Can't wait to see more pics and hear more about it!

Erin said...

Awesome!!! Love the car! How fun! Where did you eat in Seaporf Village? That's where Rich and I ate the night he proposed. We actually hated our dinner - too fancy for us!!!! We joke about it all the time. It just makes me so happy to see you guys so happy in the sunshine.

Wendy said...

So fun, I'm super jealous. I'm glad you guys got that time away together, treasure the memories.

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

That looks like fun! Wonderful beach pictures!

Loving Purgatory said...

Looks like you had a great time!!!