Saturday, March 26, 2011

DISNEYLAND!!!!

Hard to believe it has already been a month since we were at the "Happiest Place on Earth." We went again with the whole family! This included my parents, siblings, and their significant others. Before we left the weather report said rain every day!! We went prepared with ponchos, boots and rain coats! Luckily we only needed them a couple of times! Praise the Lord! Anyway, my parents took Lily a day early so it was just us "kids" with Jameson on the way there! I'm so thankful for my siblings (and Kevin and Katie!) for helping! Here's Jameson on the way...a sucker so his ears don't hurt! He was a happy boy and did really well on the plane!

Disneyland! Lily hanging out with Auntie Leandra and Uncle Kevin.
Happy little boy! On the Jungle Cruise ride. Pulling out our rain gear for just a little bit! Lily with her Auntie Lu on Pirates-which she loved! Such a stylish girl :)
Jameson can sleep in rain or shine! Jameson already making his move on the ladies! ;) These girls were watching Jameson walk around and they kept saying how cute he was. They asked their mom to take a picture of them with him so of course I wanted one too! It was pretty funny! Disneyland isn't just for little kids! So cute Lily with her Nana on Buzz Lightyear-Lily also loved this ride.
The kids playing nicely together! I just love Jameson's face! The kids are OUT! Although the reason Lily was asleep is because of exhaustion from crying for a 1/2 hour straight! This girl was terrified of the automatic flushers in the bathrooms. She would only go potty at the hotel in the morning before we left for Dland and at night before bed! We realized she was just too busy playing and wasn't getting enough liquids. Anyway, I tried taking her to every potty in the park (at least I took her to 3 or 4 of them!) and she would freak out. Nothing I would say or do would help her or calm her down. It was a frustrating mom moment!! I was just worried about her getting a bladder infection! Anyway, it all worked out. She did go potty but not for a while! We finally were pushing fluids into her the rest of the trip and when she had to go she HAD to go! Such a lovely memory of the trip-NOT! :) A fun little show from The Princess and the Frog. Jameson and this little girl became fast friends and were dancing along to the music! Us on Lily's FAVORITE ride: Thunder Mountain Railroad! She loved this fast moving roller coaster! I was amazed. She was even putting her arms up in the air towards the end of this trip when going on this ride! She is a daredevil! Jameson wanted to help himself with Katie's leftover dessert.
And he succeeded! The teacups closed because of the rain one night! But it's so pretty! This was the night my amazing parents took the kids back to the hotel to put them to bed so us BIG kids could play! But then it started pouring! So we left early. We got to go on a few rides before we left. Oh well! So cute :) Waiting for a ride in the rain! I LOVE this picture! All of us on Space Mountain...and my brother being, well, Joel :) The next day after the down pour it was sunny! As we walked into Disneyland, their marching band was playing. Love it. Waiting to go on Indiana Jones. Sadly, this is the only picture I have to prove that my dad was there! Sorry Dad! :) Lily LOVED seeing all the characters. She ran right into Jessie's arms!
Our little family! Trying to get a good shot of the kids in their Disney shirts. Jameson was a bit uncooperative :) Lily and Auntie Leandra on another roller coaster! This time in Toontown. I think Lily was tired of taking pictures at this point!Jameson and me on a fun ride in California Adventure.


It was such a fun trip! AJ and I decided we will not go to Dland with just our little family until the kids are at least 7 years old! We had so much help from my family the entire time! I can't imagine going without them! Plus, they're fun to be with too! :) All in all, the kids did really well on the trip and had a blast for going to the park 3 days (and 4 days for Lily!) in a row! Can't wait to go again-with help of course!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Fun times! We were glad to have my parents around to - with their ages being 5 and 7. Taking the girls to the bathroom was just about the most annoying thing about our trip to me! Avery still has trouble with the automatic flushers! So I understand your frustration. Glad you had such a good time :)

Family of 5 said...

I love all these pictures!! And all, well most of the time smiling faces! :) I think when I do go someday I will have to take Lily with me to be our guide since she's been tehre more than I have! :) Love it!!

pfnisterfam said...

Love your pics! Makes me want to go back soon! :) Hannah loved Thunder Mtn RR too...I think that was one of her favs...crazy that 4 yr olds would be that brave. :)

girl said...

Fun!!! So, i just learned on this last trip to Disneyland that the baby care area (on Main Street) has little toilets - the perfect size for little bodies - that DON'T automatically flush. They were AWESOME!! You can also change diapers in there, on nice, plush changing tables. Ellie loved going potty in that area and then was given a sticker by one of the workers each time she was successful. Of course, I didn't learn about this area until the last day we were there, but we will definitely be using it in the future (we had the same experience with the automatic flusher).

Mikaela said...

I consider us extra blessed that my in-laws take all of the grandkids to Disneyland the year they turn eight. I don't particularly love the place and think it is perfect that Shad can have a special trip with them and go with people who love it. Best of all, we don't have to go.