Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blessed Again!

I am sure most of you who read this blog already know this, but I AM PREGNANT!! God is SO good to give us another blessing!!!

 Lily is so excited! Jameson has no clue of course!
After trying to get pregnant for almost a year, we got news last September that I was pregnant. Well, after 4 days of my positive pregnancy test, I suffered an early miscarriage. AJ and I were so sad, yet thankful it happened early in the pregnancy. After a couple more months of trying, we got another positive test in January! Praise God! All blood levels were looking good and I wasn't feeling great (which is a plus in my mind!) I had my first ultrasound when I was 6 weeks pregnant and AJ and I saw 2 sacs on the screens with 2 babies. We were shocked. More than shocked. Stunned. We went away saying we weren't going to tell family yet until we were all together which would be two weeks later when we celebrated Lily's birthday as a family. So for 2 weeks we had to keep a secret!! It was so hard. I was just busting inside. My dr. ordered me to have another ultrasound at a radiology clinic instead of in his office to check on the babies. So last week, the day Lily left for Disneyland, we had our ultrasound. As soon as the technician put the wand on my stomach we only saw 1 baby. My doctor had warned me that this could happen. I had no signs of miscarrying either, so we were quite stunned to only see one baby. We didn't even get to celebrate with family over the fact we were having twins. But, I know God's plans are perfect. And those two babies that I lost are in Heaven and one day we will get to see them both! As sad as I was to lose that twin, I know His ways are far better than my ways. Our little baby that's still in the womb is looking great and healthy. I got to have another ultrasound last week (last one until we find out the gender!) and he was moving around like crazy! Yes, I think it's a boy :) I wasn't sure how many people I'd tell about the whole twin thing, but it's the truth! And who knows why God allowed us to know we were having twins for 2 weeks, only to find out it was just one baby. No matter His reasons, I will say I am at peace over it all because He is in control! And I am thrilled He chose me to carry this sweet baby who we will get to meet in early September!

5 comments:

Bex said...

WOW!!! congrats!
sorry about your lost babies as well/ That is hard. :-( Rejoicing with you abut this beautiful son or daughter who will join your family!

Daisha said...

Thanks for sharing that story Amanda. I am so sorry for your losses. We too have lost babies and although it is not easy, just as you said, they are waiting for us in heaven! I am more than excited for you and your family for this little baby joining your family. That is one lucky kid!! We should get together again soon.

Mikaela said...

Congratulations! Looks like you and I are on a similar schedule ;op So sorry about the loss, but grateful you have such happy news to share with us now!

Jill said...

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting that you're adding a new little person to your family. I am sorry about the loss of the other two, but thankful for God's perfect provision and understanding. A verse I have loved through our pregnancy journey is:
O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in PERFECT FAITHFULNESS you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago. Isaiah 25:1

Kate said...

Amanda! I'm so excited for you!! A precious gift from God. I too suffered a miscarriage before I got pregnant with David. It's very sad. God's plan is perfect. I will be praying for a easy pregancy and delivery :)